- Marinate the chicken pieces with chilli powder,garam masala,coriander powder,curd and salt.Keep it for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel pour oil fry and seperate the cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon and rice by adding the lemon juice.
- In the remaining oil add the crushed ginger and garlic,coriander leaves,green chillies and stir them well.Add the tomato pieces and stir it well.
- Now add in the chicken pieces and mix well pouringabout 1/2 cup of water.Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook till it gets half tenderized.
- When the chicken is half cooked ,mix in the rice and spices ,pour the 6 cups of water and let it cook on low flame covered with a lid.
- When the rice is cooked the water would have evaporated completely.
- For garnishing you can fry sliced large onions,nuts and raisins in ghee and mix with rice.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator