CHIFFON CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
Hi Lidia..this is for you.Sorry for not posting the recipe with the photos.I found this recipe while blogging .Thnx shabs for the chiffon cake recipe.They had mentioned it with the black chocolate mould..as the day i tried the recipe I was short of usual chocolates,I tried it up with milk chocolates.Here goes the recipe..
1 3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup chilled Butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup milk
a pinch of salt
For the cake moistening syrup:
6 tbsp sugar
10 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 180 degree celsius/Gas mark 4/350 degree Farenheit
- Cut butter to small cubes.In a large bowl, put chilled butter,sugar with a blender.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs(one by one) beating well
- Sift the flour 2-3 times.Add cocoa powder,baking powder,salt and baking soda to flour and mix well.
- Add dry mix to the egg mix ,mixing well.Add the milk and beat well.
- Grease a baking pan of 9 inches and bake it for 40-45 minutes.Cool cake on wire rack
- Heat sugar and water until sugar melts and syrup boils.Keep it aside.
- On cooling place the cake on a large dish and cut it into two layers.
- Sprinkle the sugar syrup on the cut cakes.Cover the cake in a plastic wrap and refrigerate
- To make whipped cream filling,add 1/4 tsp vanilla essence,2 tbsp sugar & 1/2 cup whipping cream and whip well.
- Spread the filling paste on to the cut layers and join them together.
- For the white chocolate topping:8 ounce of milk chocolate cut into small pieces,3/4 cup of whipping cream,2 tbsp butter
- Boil the whipping cream and pour it on to the chocolate pieces whipping it along with the butter until it becomes smooth.
- Spread the cream on to the cake evenly .For appearance you can decorate it with cherries..
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator