4 large onions sliced
3 green chillies
1 tomato sliced
1 piece Ginger
7-8 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp aniseed
a piece of cinnamon
1/4 cup pudina leaves chopped
3/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
1 coconut scraped
Salt to taste
- Wash and strain the basmati rice.
- Pressure cook the mutton pieces with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ,1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder ,salt and water.
- Strain out the mutton pieces and keep aside the stock water.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel on flame ,pour 2 tbsp ghee .Fry and seperate the strained rice.
- In a mixer grind the ginger and garlic to paste form.
- Extract coconut milk from the scraped coconut and mix it with the mutton stock water.
- In the same vessel pour 1 tbsp ghee with 2 tbsp oil fry the spices.Saute the onions,ginger garlic paste,green chillies(the green chillies are to be put without slitting.).Add tomatoes,curry leaves,pudina,coriander leaves and stir till an aroma comes.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,2 tsp chilli powder and 2 tsp Meat masala powder.Stir in the mutton pieces and rice.
- Add 4 cups of the coconut milk stock to the rice.
- Add salt on boiling,cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook on medium flame.On cooking the water would have evaporated .
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator