Prawns..that was the one listed on my menu.Usually when I get ready to clean prawns,my younger ones cleans them before me …Ican say a bit more precisely that you can see flying prawns…In short after I finish up with the cleaning work he’ll be smelling “prawns!”
2 cups shallots sliced
2-3 green chillies (julian Cut)
1 piece ginger(finely cut)
3-4 cloves of garlic (finely cut)
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For marinating prawns
1/2 tsp yellow turmeric powder
1tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp vinegar
- Clean the prawns and marinate them with turmeric powder,chilli powder,garam masala powder,vinegar and salt adding a little water.Keep it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Deep fry and seperate the prawns.
- In the remaining oil ,add the finely cut garlic,ginger,fennel seeds,green chillies and saute them well.
- When the onions are translucent add the prawns and mix well.Add 1/2 cup of water and cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame.When the prawns are well cooked remove from fire.
- Now pour 2-3 tbsps of oil and saute the remaining sliced shallots with curry leaves till they change turn brown.
- Mix the fried onions with the cooked prawns.
- The roasted prawn is now ready to be served!
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator