THE GOOEY CHOCOLATE LAVA!
This months challenge from the sweet punch team is “Molten Lava Chocolate Cake”.When I got my monthly recipe I was very much looking forth to try it out at the earliest…and there bingo!… we had a family get together.My parents and brother where comin over to our place for lunch.I have earlier made this drooling cake as cupcakes…the secret is that I couldnt actually find a nice set of ramekins here.Its hard to get these in Munnar…so I had to limit myself to glass bowls!The smell when u bake these gooey beauties..ahh..i still cant resist them.I’m glad that I chose this as a dessert with vanilla scoops for the get together.. i could see chocolaty smiles..the best smile was my little one’s..he simply loved it 🙂
Here’s the recipe..I’m sure you will all enjoy…:)
113gms of Semi sweet baking chocolate
113gm of butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
Butter for greasing the ramekins
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a bowl ,beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once chocolate melts,remove pan from heat and add in the butter and mix well till the butter melts and mixes well.
- Add the chocolate butter mix into the eggs and add all purpose flour and mix well till it is well incorporated.
- Butter bottom and sides of the ramekins and pour in the mix to about 3/4 full.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake them for 10 -15 minutes.
- If you dont like the gooey texture you can increase the baking time.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator