A bite of the Marbled Loaf !
This year I have actually missed my blogging to a great extend.I’m trying to patch up… 🙂
Marble cakes and checkerboard cakes have always been my favs..Heres a recipe from Dorie Greenspan ‘s book..
2 cups and 2 tbsps of all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsps of butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F and butter and dust a loaf pan with flour.
- Whisk flour,baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter until smooth.Add sugar and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.Beat in the vanilla.Add in the flour mix in three seperate additions along with the milk.Donot overbeat.
- Now divide the batter equally and to one part add Cocoa mix(2tbsp of cocoa powder +1/4 cup of milk)
- Scrape both the batters in a loaf pan.
- I baked the cake for about an hour in my oven.Bake till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator